Sunday, January 29, 2012

Marbled Rice Krispies Treats

Yummy note: So for quite a while now, I've been telling my husband I really need to get some of my older recipes of mine merged onto my blog here. So as I mentioned in my blogiversary post, as part of a new year here at It's Yummy to My Tummy, I plan on doing this flashback feature, I guess you could call it, called Sentimental Sundays. Sentimental Sundays is a creation stemming from an old family site I used to update years ago, pre-blogger. I just kept basic recipes in text form, with an occasional picture of the finished product with it on the webpage. Nothing crazy, no prep photos, just the finished recipe. Many of the recipes I had entered in, came from an old recipe card, something I quickly threw together, a clipped article from a newspaper, family cookbook, or one of those handed down.. "that recipe used to be the church lady's or the neighbor lady's" - I think you get the picture ;-)   Anyways, I had input them online for keepsake, and now will be sharing them on here. Most of the Sentimental Sunday recipes I plan on posting do not have any author/copyright/original info on, so I always am a bit leery on that since I don't "really" know where it came from. So perhaps if something appears to be "just like" a recipe you know of that came from a cookbook you have, please let me know and I'd be happy to attribute it to it. So now the hard part, what is my first Sentimental Sunday going to be... 



Well, I decided to start with one of the first dessert recipes that I made and started to take pictures of :) I love desserts, so I thought that was a good starting point. This recipe is for Marbled Rice Krispies Treats. I recall making the regular standby Rice Krispies Treats one day and ran out of the regular Rice Krispies and all I had left was some Cocoa Krispies, so "marbled" was born. And then of course, I couldn't stop with that addition, I had to add in some colorful little candy


Marbled Rice Krispies Treats 


Ingredients:
3 tbsp butter or margarine
4 cups miniature marshmallows
3 cups Cocoa Krispies
3 cups regular Rice Krispies
1 1/2 cups mini m&m's or other mini chocolate coated candies
2 squares of baking chocolate or a chocolate candy bar



Directions: 
Melt butter and marshmallows until melted. Add cereals and mix together. Quickly stir in 1 cup of the mini chocolate candies. Press into 9x13 buttered pan. Melt chocolate bar or baking chocolate squares until melted. Drizzle over the Rice Krispies Treats and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of candy over to finish.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! It seems to be a quick and yummy recipe. Thanks for sharing. I will surely try this out.

    Take the Dessert Personality Test and find out your personality on the basis of your favorite dessert. I have taken the test and have enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete