Sunday, May 30, 2010

Easy mac-n-cheesy corn casserole

Yummy note: I think I acquired this recipe a few years from a neighbor lady after she brought this dish to a block party and the people seemed to love it. Growing up I had the comfort food, like scalloped/creamed corn and baked mac-n-cheese, and when I tried this, I liked it a lot and it reminded me of a combo of the two! It has become one of my easy and quick side dishes to make, not to mention it qualifies in my book for the comfort food part, too!

Easy mac-n-cheesy corn casserole

Ingredients:
1 cup dry noodles (whatever you have will probably work, but we use the ready cut spaghetti noodles, as it resembles the "traditional" mac-n-cheese noodles we all love)
1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernel corn
8 ounces of Velveeta cheese (cut up in cubes)
about 1/2 stick butter (cut up in cubes)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions and then drain. Pour noodles and rest of ingredients into a 2 qt casserole dish.




Stir all together and place in oven. Bake for about 15 minutes and stir the casserole to ensure the cheese, corn, and butter gets incorporated well. At this point, if you'd like, you could add some more cheese on top then to create a cheesy top layer. Continue baking for about another 15 minutes and until a nice golden layer has formed.

1 comment:

  1. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    VW..

    ReplyDelete