Friday, October 7, 2011

Crinkly Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yummy note: The other day, I was in need of making a little thank you gift for my neighbor. My neighbor graciously watched my kids one morning in a short notice, as I had to go into the office and attend a training meeting for a new project am working on. Thankfully, she was available and the kids were behaved, which was an added bonus! So I wanted something that Alicia could help me bake for her, since she enjoys helping so much in the kitchen, and cookies came to mind. Plus, cookies are the perfect gift to easily hide in our neighbors mailbox for a fun surprise! It seemed to be great timing to try out this new chocolate chip cookie recipe I found for this and for this month's Crazy Cooking Challenge*. Honestly, I can't recall how I found my recipe but I've had it bookmarked for some time now. It was on this blog named Short Stop. Short Stop is authored by a lady named Sarah. Sarah seems to love this cookie recipe as I've seen it featured numerous times on her site, ranging from cookie bars, cookie cups, mini cookies,etc. and it kept tracing back to her one recipe--- Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies. So I had a feeling this was one awesome cookie recipe, and boy, was she right! It turned out great, we got gorgeous cookies. The cookies had just enough golden hard crinkles on the outside, while it was still a tad chewy and firm  enough inside to hold up those cookie cracks without it falling apart. yum, yum, yum. I really do love those pillow-like cookies with crinkles in them.      

Photobucket*The Crazy Cooking Challenge? What is it you ask? Another hostess blogger, Tina from Mom's Crazy Cooking, came up with this thing called the Crazy Cooking Challenge! Tina hosts fun blogging parties to showcase one specific kind of recipe each month, and this time is chocolate chip cookies! Check out all the others as well below. 






Crinkly Chocolate Chip Cookies
Original recipe found here.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
6-12 ounces chocolate chips (depends on how chocolaty chip you'd like it to be, we used about a whole bag)

Directions:
Cream butter, shortening, and the two sugars together. Add in eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. Gradually add in the flour a cup or so at a time. Then add in the baking soda and salt with the last cup of flour and stir well. Finish it by adding in the chocolate chips. Roll into balls (or use an ice cream scooper) and place on cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 8 minutes or so depending on the size. Remove from oven when cookie begins to get slightly golden brown on the edges. 










Special thank you cookie gift baggie ready for delivery!
Yummy note: We enjoyed these cookies so much, another batch was made to tuck away into the freezer to bake some more at a later time when we wanted to enjoy warm cookies without a big fuss!

5 comments:

  1. The picture of the inside of the cookie just stole my heart!! They look so soft and yummy. Newest follower stopping by from http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com. Stop by and give us a visit some time :)

    ~Nikki #41 Crazy Cooking Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm these cookies look delicious!

    Jen #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! These do look amazing! What a fun surprise for your neighbor!! I'd love to find cookies in my mailbox! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies look great and I love your adorable little helper.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my entry, Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete