Friday, April 30, 2010

6 ingredient grilled fish

Yummy note: I love the "warmer" weather. By "warmer," I just mean, the fact that it is above 30-40 degrees out, and we don't freeze our behinds off while trying to grill outside! I really enjoy grilled food. I don't know what it is about the grilled food, but if I have a preference of grilled vs. baked, I'm heading to the grill or I'm sending the husband to the grill :) This recipe is one I've thrown together as I'm always looking for something quick and easy for when I get home at night from work using fresh seafood. There's only about 6 ingredients to this, so it quickly gets mixed together to make a nice flavoring for the fish. Really this is a pretty quick main dish, I think it was done from start to finish in like less than like 20 minutes and it tasted great.


Ingredients:


3 or 4 tablespoons of softened butter
1 or 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of lemon-pepper seasoning
1 tablespoon of all-purpose seasoning
1 tablespoon of minced/chopped garlic
1 pound of Catfish or any other selected fish



Directions:
Mix softened butter and lemon juice together. Spread over/coat the fish with the butter/lemon juice mixture. Next, mix the three other seasonings in a bowl and then rub on the fish. Spray a grilling pan with non stick cooking spray, or dab on any leftover butter mixture to the pan to avoid the fish from sticking to the pan. Place grilling pan with fish over medium heat. Cook and turn fish only twice, once on each side. Cook for only maybe about 7-10 minutes total, or until the fish is turning white and flaky. With this coating, you should get a nice light, crispy flavorful crust on your fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment