Sunday, March 23, 2014

Crunchy Onion Chicken Tenders

Yummy note:  I really have a sweet tooth and it shows on my blog. I've been making and posting about too many dessert-like items lately, so when I got this month's Secret Recipe Club assignment, I made a decision to find a recipe that wasn't for my sweet tooth. Honestly, with a name of SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl, I was really hoping this was going to be an easy pick. Boy, was I wrong! Desi from SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl had a selection of desserts and treats (these smores were looking just bite-sized amazing!) that were teasing and taunting me to make for this month's assignment, but I held strong. I was doing a few searches on my blog and realized I only had a handful of dishes that I used chicken, seriously?! So with that in mind, I ended up making these crispy crunchy chicken tenders; these are not your normal chicken tenders, as they are packed with flavor! These are easy-to-make chicken tenders, not to mention crunchy, salty, and yummy! My family loves to eat these crispy onions quite often, on salads, burgers, or really just to snack on, so combo them with chicken strips and it's a hit! Thanks Desi for adding another delicious option to my family rotation of meals. 

Crunchy Onion Chicken Tenders



Ingredients: 
about a pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins 
2 eggs (depending on size of the eggs, you might be able to use 1 large egg) 
half of a small can of French's French Fried Onions 


Directions: 
Prepare chicken breasts and cut into strips or use pre-cut chicken tenderloin pieces. Crush about half of a can of french fried onions in a ziplock bag. Mix up the eggs in a separate bowl. Dip chicken pieces in the egg wash and then drop into the crushed up french fried onions. Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. You can test the chicken by making sure the juices run clear when pierced or use a meat thermometer. 


A simple 3 ingredient meal- chicken, eggs, and french fried onions.
Prepare a little assembly line to make the prep easier.
Crispy onion covered chicken tenders ready for the oven. 
Perfect meal of chicken tenders and mini potato gratins!

Yummy note: Desi had another amazing Muffin Pan Potato Gratins recipe that paired well with these chicken tenders!
Golden and cheesy mini potato gratins! 


Please be sure to stop on by and visit all of the other wonderful bloggers in the Secret Recipe Club group!

6 comments:

  1. Both of the recipes are comfort food at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect meal. Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you made 2 recipes!! You're so good! Thanks for taking me back... I forgot about these chicken tenders as I posted them in my earlier blog days. I have to make them again! Thanks for the sweet words and glad you enjoyed em :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a kid friendly dinner! My gang would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Anything with French's onions has to be delicious!

    ReplyDelete