Monday, July 16, 2012

Biscoff Graham Cracker Squares

Yummy note: For quite a while, I've seen a bunch of posts using this cookie spread called Biscoff. So a  few months ago, I purchased a jar as I looked a bit into it and realized it was nut and dairy-free! Bonus! That is the perfect combo in our house for the kids. Needless to say, it has since become a staple. My kids love the cookies and the Biscoff Spread. So now I often substitute the Biscoff spread for peanut butter in recipes. So in my cabinet, I had this half package of Biscoff cookies and a jar of Biscoff spread ready to be used... and it was perfect in Vicky's recipe from the blog Avocado and Pesto for Peanut Graham Cracker Squares. I thought that it'd be a nice sweet treat for putting my own yummy twist on it! Vicky from Avocado and Pesto was my luck of the draw for this month's Secret Recipe Club where we get to showcase another blogger's site. Avocado and Pesto had some great recipes like an avocado chickpea pesto salad, a breakfast sandwich with avocados, or peanut butter heath balls!? and the list goes on... Avocado and Pesto just had a site make-over not to long ago, and it looks fantastic, so make sure you check out her updated site! 








Biscoff Graham Cracker Squares

Ingredients: 
1 stick of butter 
1 cup of cookie crumbs - I used about a 1/2 cup of graham crackers and about 1/2 cup of Biscoff cookies crushed to equal 1 cup of crumbs 
1 cup powdered sugar 
1/2 cup Biscoff Spread (or peanut butter) 

Topping: 
2 tbsp Biscoff spread 
3/4 cup chocolate chips 

**Allergy note: I made these dairy-free by substituting the butter with soy margarine and vegan chocolate chips. I also substituted the peanut butter with the Biscoff Spread so that it was nut-free as well. 




Directions: 
Coat a small pan or container (like an 8x8 or 9x9 size) with cooking spray. To make the removal of the squares even better, line it with aluminum foil as Vicky mentioned in her original recipe, but just my luck, I ran out, so I had to just use the spray. It was ok, but I'm sure the foil would have rocked it. Note for next time..

Start by melting the butter and the peanut butter together. Next stir in the powdered sugar and cookie crumbs and mix until it is well combined. Press into your prepared container and chill for about 20-30 minutes until it begins to set up nice. 


Next, prepare your chocolaty topping by melting the chocolate chips and your 2 tablespoons of Biscoff spread together until smooth. Once smooth, pour chocolate topping on top of the cookie crust mixture. Chill until the treats are firm and have set up nicely. Cut into squares and enjoy! 






7 comments:

  1. Aww thanks so much for the kind words about my blog and the links to all the different posts! I'm flattered you enjoyed one of my recipes! Great job making these dairy and nut free - now I'm going to have to try your version of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'll bet these are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really delicious! Thanks for sharing your sweet treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi coming from SRC, everytime I seem to learn something new, I have never heard of this Biscoff, should make a note of this.., looks inviting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat. A spreadable cookie! I've never seen that before. They look really, really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather,
    These are great squares, I would just love them. Great selection for SRC!
    Miz Helen
    Group B SRC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Biscoff and chocolate together, winning recipe right off the top...YUM!

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group "A" SRC entry: Double Chocolate Mousse Cake.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete