Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Drop Donuts

Yummy note:
This was a recipe I picked up from my aunt that honestly I haven't made in years. I don't know why I waited so long to make these drop donuts again, but I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. Super simple to make and of course, who else can resist a nice, warm, crunchy-like cake donut hole right out of the fryer. mmm.. My hubby got me a little fry daddy this year for Christmas, and boy, do I love it. It's not like I cook or use it all the time, but every so often when I want a treat, in particular like these cake donuts, it makes it super easy to do. Note, even if you don't have a little fryer, it would be easy to do in a deep, heavy pot on the stove with enough oil to fry the donuts in.




Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
3 tblsp oil

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Then add the egg, milk, oil, and mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls (or use a small cookie dough scooper) into hot oil, about 375 degrees. Fry for about 3 minutes, flipping dough once through the process, until donut holes are a golden brown. Drain on paper towel, and then finish with either a simple powdered sugar frosting glaze, or roll the donut holes in cinnamon/sugar coating or dust with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

  1. These look so good!! I wish I wasn't so afraid of frying, my kids would love these! Thanks so much for sharing on my Family Kitchen post!!

    ReplyDelete